12 Sep BLG28 – How to work out why you won or lost a business with Cian McLoughlin
Cian McLoughlin from Trinity Perspectives is one of those Irish guys you could listen to forever. He left Island in 1998 to see the world and met his wife to be on Fraser Island and made Australia his home. He did some comedy writing and finally settled into sales.
He worked for one of the largest software companies in the world – SAP – and enjoyed what he did but kept seeing an opportunity to better understand why deals were made.
He started his own consulting company and now he analysis why deals are won or lost across the world.
What you will learn in the podcast
- How to balance leaving the safety of corporate to start your own business
- Importance of networking groups
- Why deals are won or lost
- Need for good suppliers
- The importance of learning to say no
- Progress over perfection
Important links and mentions in the podcast
- Cian McLoughlin LinkedIn Profile
- Trinity Perspectives Website
- Redkite (charity)
- Book: To Sell Is Human
- Youtube: Rebirth of a Salesman
Thank You for Tuning In!
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!