07 Nov BLG36 – The importance of human to human connections in a world of social media craziness with Catherine Campbell
Catherine Campbell from Bright Planning studied to be a writer and when she left university worked for one of the largest book retailers – rare books. She really enjoyed learning and applying marketing, however, after 7 years she hit a ceiling and decided she needed a change.
She went and worked at a small company and soon realised the culture was not aligned to her values. She was doing a great job, but got a call to see her boss and was let go on the spot. This was a difficult time for her as she was a single mum and felt like she needed a secure job. To her credit, she started her own agency and has not looked back.
Catherine talks about social media and how to position your brand in a crowded online world.
What you will learn in the podcast
- Her time in the Circus as a performer
- How to get your pricing right to make profit from the start
- Trends in social media
- The importance of Human to human connections
- The importance of taking a marketing plan into executable steps
- Importance of using a VA and how best to delegate
- Working from home with your life partner
- Deep work and blocking time
- Importance of a mentor and business coach
Important links and mentions in the podcast
- Catherine Campbell Linkedin Profile
- Bright Planning Website
- Bright Planning Twitter handle
- Bright Planning Podcast
- Podcast: Eureka Podcast
- Book: Buyology
Thank You for Tuning In!
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!